The exhaustive list of topics in Metrology in which we provide Help with Homework Assignment and Help with Project is as follows:
- Metrology: Importance and need for measurements. Use of instruments and experimental data in formulation and testing of theories. Role of metrology in science, engineering and technology.
- Nomenclature in Metrology: True value, Accuracy, Precision, Error, Bias, Uncertainty, Repeatability, Theory of errors; Types of errors and error management with examples. Graphical and mathematical representation of data,Curve fitting,Statement of measured results.
- Statistical Interpretation of Results: Use of probability, The Least Square Principle, Baysian Inference, Chauvenet’s Criterion, Chi-Square Test, The Correlation coefficient.
- Measurement Process: Generalized Measurement System, Static and Dynamic measurements. Null and Dispersive methods.
- Scales and Gauges: Concept of a scale and unit in different domains; mechanical, optical, thermal, chemical and others. Design and use of scales and gauges
- Measurement Standards and Calibration: Evolution of standards, Primary and Secondary standards, Management of Standards. Calibration of measuring instruments. Specification of measuring instruments.
- Automation: computer in measurement equipment.