The exhaustive list of topics in NonLinear Optics in which we provide Help with Homework Assignment and Help with Project is as follows:
- Nonlinear optical response of a medium: Steady state response functions and susceptibility tensors and their quantum mechanical expressions, symmetry, examples of physical processes represented by a given susceptibility tensor.
- Second order nonlinear optical processes, materials and devices: Generation of second harmonic and sum and difference frequency, parametric amplification, phase matching, Maker fringes, quasi-phase matching and periodically poled crystals, optical parametric oscillator.
- Third order nonlinear optical processes : Intensity dependent refraction and absorption, self focusing, Four wave frequency mixing processes including degenerate four wave mixing and optical phase conjugation, optical Kerr Effect and its applications in ultra-short pulse generation and characterization, stimulated Raman and Brillouin scattering, nonlinear spectroscopy methods and their applications.
- Nonlinear optical effects in optical fibers : Stimulated Raman and Brillouin Scattering as loss, soliton propagation in optical fibers, supercontinuum generation.
- Interaction of coherent resonant interaction with atoms : 2 and 3 level atom approximations, slowly varying envelop approximation, Bloch equations, Rabi oscillations, electromagnetically induced transparency.
- Nonlinear dynamics in optical processes : instability and chaos in lasers and nonlinear optical mixing processes.
- Extreme nonlinear optics: Ultra intense laser interaction with atomic systems, above threshold ionization, introduction to laser plasma interaction, higher harmonic generation.