The exhaustive list of topics in Optics in which we provide Help with Homework Assignment and Help with Project is as follows:
- Electromagnetic waves:Plane waves in homogeneous media, polarization; Reflection and transmission at an interface, total internal reflection, Fresnel rhomb.
- Interference: Division of wavefront and division of amplitude; anti-reflecting films; colour of thin films; Newton’s rings; Michelson interferometer, Mach-Zehnder interferometer; Multiple Beam interferometery: Fabry Perot interferometer, Resolution and Free Spectral Range; Interference filters.
- Diffraction: Fraunhofer diffraction: diffraction by a single slit, double slit, circular aperture; Resolving power of microscopes and telescopes; Diffraction grating, Resolving power and Dispersive power; Fresnel diffraction: Diffraction of a Gaussian beam; diffraction at a circular aperture, Fresnel zone plate.
- Polarization: Concept of linear, circular and elliptical polarization; Brewster's law and Malus' law; Double refraction by crystals; Interference of polarized light, Half wave and quarter wave plates;Analysis of polarized light.
- Geometrical Optics: Paraxial optics: imaging by lenses and mirrors; system of lenses, cardinal points; stops and pupils; real optics: aberrations; chromatic and primary aberration; reduction of aberrations in lens systems, rays in inhomogeneous media.