Physics of Magnetic Recording and Recording Media
The exhaustive list of topics in Physics of Magnetic Recording and Recording Media in which we provide Help with Homework Assignment and Help with Project is as follows:
- Types of magnetic anisotropy energies; Magnetic anisotropy and Magnetostriction;
- Soft and hard magnetic materials; Stoner-Wohlfarth theory
- Magnetoelectronics: Electronic structure of normal metals; ferromagnetic metals and Half-metals.
- Spin-dependent transport; Spin polarization.
- Recording and Play Back Theories: Recording model approach; Media magnetization;
- Setting recording level; Erasure and overwrite;
- Recording zone; Recording losses; Flux level;
- Play back loss; Spacing loss; Coating thickness loss; Response to a transition.
- Aspects of Magnetic Recording Head: Magnetic circuits; Eddy current loss;
- Selection of core materials;
- Magnetoresistance; Giant Magnetoresistance (GMR) Heads; Tunneling Magnetoresistance (TMR) heads;
- Spin Valves;
- Field from Magnetic Heads; High-gradient heads;
- Perpendicular head fields; Response of probe heads;
- Shielding; Flux linkage; Flux leakage.
- Advances in Recording Technology and Materials: Particulate media; Thin magnetic films;
- Patterning media; Flexible media substrates, Rigid disk substrates;
- Properties: Magnetic hysteresis loop, Coercivity, Remnant Flux, Slope at Coercivity, Switching Field Distribution, Effects of Time, Temperature; Storage stability; Measurement of spin polarization.
- Recording of a single transition, Narrow-track recording, Shortgap recording
- Perpendicular recording, Ultrahigh density recording, Future projection on recording; futuristic devices based on magnetoelectronics.