Physics of Semiconductor Nanostructures
The exhaustive list of topics in Physics of Semiconductor Nanostructures in which we provide Help with Homework Assignment and Help with Project is as follows:
- Condensed matter and semiconductor physics: A brief introduction to quantum view of bulk solids: introduction to key ideas in electronic properties, transport and interaction of photons with material.
- Characteristic length scales for quantum phenomena: Scaling as a heuristic tool; scientific and technological significance of nanostructures and mesoscopic structures.
- Fabrication of quantum nanostructures, Quantum structures and bandgap engineering.
- Transport in quantum structures with applications, MBE, MOCVD, Langmuir-Blodgett films, novel processes; electronic properties of heterostructures, quantum wells, quantum wires, quantum dots, and superlattices, strained layer super-lattices.
- Transport in mesoscopic structures: Resonant tunneling, hot electrons, conductance and transmission of nanostructures; principles of application of electronic devices based on quantum structures.
- Optical properties and applications: Optical processes in low dimensional semiconductors: Absorption, luminescence, excitons. application to lasers and photodetectors.
- Carbon Nanotubes: Illustration of Quantum and Condensed Matter Physics.
- Magneto-transport in semiconductor Nanostructures : Transport in magnetic field, semiclassical description, quantum approach, Aharonov-Bohm effect, Shubnikov- de Haas effect; introduction to quantum Hall effect.
- Frontiers in current research : Nanoelectronics, Nanophotonics & Spintronics.