Physics of Soft Condensed Matter
The exhaustive list of topics in Physics of Soft Condensed Matter in which we provide Help with Homework Assignment and Help with Project is as follows:
- Length, time and energy scales in condensed matter systems: Phenomenology of soft condensed matter systems: Liquid crystals, polymers, membranes, colloidal systems, phase behaviour, diffusion and flow, viscoelasticity.
- Order Parameter, Phases and Phase transitions: Mean-field theory and phase diagrams, defining order parameters, elasticity, stability, metastability, interfaces, liquid crystal physics as examples, Frank free energy, Landau-de Gennes model of Â isotropic-nematic transition, Onsager's mean field theory, nematicsmectic transition.
- Colloidal systems: Â Poisson-Boltzmann theory, DLVO theory, sheared colloids, stability of colloidal systems, measurement of interaction.
- Polymers: Model systems, chain statistics, polymers in solutions and in melts, flexibility and semi-flexibility, distribution functions, self-avoidance, rubbe elasticity, viscoelasticity, reptation ideas.
- Membranes: Fluid vs. solid membranes, energy and elasticity, surface tension, ÂÂ curvature, de Gennes-Taupin length, brief introduction to shape transitions.
- Dynamics and Numerical Methodologies: Stokes limit, Rouse and Zimm Model for polymers, membranes, relaxation, computational studies, multiscale modeling.