The exhaustive list of topics in Semiconductor Optoelectronics in which we provide Help with Homework Assignment and Help with Project is as follows:
- Semiconductor Device Physics: Energy bands in solids, the E-k diagram, Density of states, Occupation probability, Fermi level and quasi Fermi levels, p-n junctions, Schottky junction and Ohmic contacts. Semiconductor optoelectronic materials, Bandgap modification, Heterostructures and Quantum Wells.
- Interaction of photons with electrons and holes in a semiconductor: Rates of emission and absorption, Condition for amplification by stimulated emission, the laser amplifier.
- Semiconductor Photon Sources: Electroluminescence. The LED: Device structure, materials and characteristics. The Semiconductor Laser: structure, theory and device characteristics; direct current modulation. Quantum-well lasers; DFB-, DBR- and vertical-cavity surface-emitting lasers (VCSEL); Laser diode arrays. Device packages and handling.
- Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers & Modulators: Semiconductor optical amplifiers (SOA), SOA characteristics and some applications, Quantum-confined Stark Effect and Electro-Absorption Modulators.
- Semiconductor Photodetectors: Types of photodetectors, Photoconductors, Single junction under illumination: photon and carrier-loss mechanisms, Noise in photodetection; Photodiodes, PIN diodes and APDs: structure, materials, characteristics, and device performance. Photo-transistors, solar cells, and CCDs. Optoelectronic integrated circuits - OEICs.