Thermal and Statistical Physics
The exhaustive list of topics in Thermal and Statistical Physics in which we provide Help with Homework Assignment and Help with Project is as follows:
- Thermodynamics: Microscopic Vs Macroscopic states. Temperature, entropy, pressure, heat capacity. Laws of Thermodynamics. Thermodynamic cycles and engines.
- Probability and Statistics: probability, mean, variance, distributions. Central limit theorem.
- Statistical Mechanics: phase space. Counting states. Density of states. Microcanonical Ensemble. Canonical Ensemble.Grand-canonical ensemble. Applications to ideal gases and other simple models.
- Magnetic Systems: Paramagnetism. Thermodynamics of magnetism, Ising model in one dimension: exact solution. Two-dimensional Ising model: solution and simulations. Phase transitions and duality. Landau theory. Renormalization group methods in the one and two dimensional Ising models.
- Bose and Fermi Gases: Occupation numbers of Bose and Fermi systems. Blackbody radiation. Ideal Fermi gas, heat capacity of solids. Ideal Bose gas and Bose condensation.
- Modern topics: Fluctuation theorem of Jarzinsky. Ergodicity, mixing and chaos: the foundations of statistical mechanics.